PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Turbo Stilo.

Nikos
26-08-05, 07:04
A new topic to answer to Juan questions.

Juan, I got my custom turbo kit from face, a member of our club who first of all put a turbo kit in an 1.6 Stilo. The parallel ECU is from Auto Digital Tech and its cost is about 500€ (in Greece). You have to put an extra (5th) injector in order to have rich Air/Fuel ratio. You mentioned in the FIAT Forum that you don't want to open the engine, but you have to open it in order to put a thicker flange to lower the compresion in the engine. As about the injectors, I believe that they suggested you to put larger ones, because the don't have in mind to put an extra one. I have a 5th injector which sprays when it is need it and is being controled by the parallel ECU.

Below you can see the Garrett T25...

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/Nikos_SC/35244/467331/0/Garrett.jpg

... and the 5th injector with the blow-off valve...

http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/Nikos_SC/35244/467332/0/5th+injector.jpg

If you got any other questions, please let us know. Maybe face will add few comments when he will see the topic. :wink:

face
26-08-05, 08:59
its not flange its metal headgasket... :lol:

generally it is better to replace the injectors with bigger ones (around 250ccmin instead of 160cc that 1.6 stilo has) but it costs more...u can control the palm from the parallel ecu...

the compression rate should be around 8 instead of 10.5..if u decide to keep the 10.5 u might see a rod or a piston stuck somewhere even with 0.4bar if u use poor quality petrol..

Athos
23-11-06, 21:08
A new topic to answer to Juan questions.
.....If you got any other questions, please let us know. Maybe face will add few comments when he will see the topic. :wink:

Hello, I΄m new to the forum and I live in Mιxico, have a '06 Schumi Stilo.

I have seen in another forum that you at Stilo Grece have great experience with the Stilo Turbos.

I wonder if some one has Turboed the Abarth 2,4Lts, and what sugestions could you make to modify the Abarth engine?

Un cordial saludo desde Mιxico. :)

ammoulianiotis
24-11-06, 00:00
Hello and welcome to Greek Stilo Club! As far as I know there is someone who has the Abarth Stilo and he has install a turbo kit to his car. Unfortunatly he is not a member that writes topics to this site. I hope that someone else can help you! Maybe MaGeLaNoS know more about this...

Vive Cuervo!

face
24-11-06, 10:11
It seems that all fiat forum members are going turbo crazy..:D..i ll post the same answer i gave to another fiat forum member..!! :)

"Good morning from greece...

It seems that you are very lucky cause there is the coupe engine which is very similar to the scumachers'..!!

my english in mechanical terms is not very good so you just have to bare with it..!:)

You are going to take the intake, outake,headgasket and exhaust from the coupe 20v engine and the pistons will fit as well...!!The pistons are capable of withstanding up to 1.4bar (don't know the psi conversion)..Anyway i don't think you are going to need more power...At 1.4bar the estimated power is over 400ps so i think it is enough..!!..You can also take the injectors from a coupe, to provide efficient gas..One other trick is to increase the gus pressure..Normally this is set to 3.5bar by the factory..Now under the backseats is the gas pump...You can take that out and you will see that there is a small metal thing that controls the flow of the gas...You need to bend that a little so that the gas pressure is stable at 4.2bar...There is a chance that the coupe gas pump will fit as well but i don't know that...

The tricky parts are the electronics and ecu...I know there is a guy from holland (MANTENOS RACING) that all he needs is the ecu so that he can programme it to run on schumi with coupe settings..This will take care of the ecu...Basicallly you need to find a good ecu programmer, to cheat the map/maf sensor cause it is set to read up to 1bar (atm. pressure)...Since the turbo will produce up to +1.4bar (1+1.4=2.4) you need to find someone to "cheat,bypass" that, and feed the system, with a stable reading of under 1bar (atm . pressure) cause the system will go in safe mod all the time...

If you don't want to program the ecu you can fit 10 cm away of the intake onto the intake pipe a 6th injector from a ford sierra (green) which has a capacity of spraying 500cc per min. with a mini ecu of its own, which is linked directly to the pressure and sprays accordind to that..I wouldn't suggest that cause you don't change the avance with that...Only by programming the ecu will do that..!!!

feel free to contact us whenever you want...Good luck with the project...

i insist to find a guy that will handle with all the electronis BEFORE you start ripping off things from a coupe..!!!

Petros"

Athos
24-11-06, 23:04
Thank you Face for your views on Stilo turbo. :)

But I have several doubts.
Will the coupe 20V headgasket and pistons fit the 2.4 just like that?
Are they of the same dimensions?
Is the diference in displacement betwen the coupe 20V and the Abarth 2.4 due only to a bigger stroke with the same bore?

Thanks again.

Saludos desde la tierra del Tequila.

Soul_Giannis
25-11-06, 21:50
Ρε αυτος κατι λεει για Τεκιλα!!!!
Πες του να ερθει να γνωρισει τον Μητσο να του πει για Τεκιλα!!!!

Hello and welcome to Greek Stilo Club!

PNL
05-12-06, 20:10
Hi to all you guys new member here from the uk always been interested in how you do this mod to the 1.6 and a big hello to Face :xmas-smiley-009:

face
06-12-06, 11:37
Thank you Face for your views on Stilo turbo. :)

But I have several doubts.
Will the coupe 20V headgasket and pistons fit the 2.4 just like that?
Are they of the same dimensions?
Is the diference in displacement betwen the coupe 20V and the Abarth 2.4 due only to a bigger stroke with the same bore?

Thanks again.

Saludos desde la tierra del Tequila.

Sorry for the delay, i didn't notice this post and now i am going to whip my back for doing that...:icon_lol:

My informatives told me that pistons and headgasket will fit just fine, and the 0.4lt difference between the coupe and abarth engine is exactly due to a bigger stroke...Fiat designers really worked them selfs to death trying to produce horsepower from the bravo brava N/A engine, while following EU emissions regulations...:biggrinsanta:..Which is good for uk abarth owners trying to turbo their stilos...!!:biggrinsanta:

PNL
06-12-06, 12:54
How would this apply to the 1.6 engine though do we need lower compression pistons or just a thicker head gasket :hmmm: could you also give me the cost for doing the turbo conversion on the 1.6 engine [told you I will keep you busy didnt I :biggrinsanta:

face
06-12-06, 13:13
How would this apply to the 1.6 engine though do we need lower compression pistons or just a thicker head gasket :hmmm: could you also give me the cost for doing the turbo conversion on the 1.6 engine [told you I will keep you busy didnt I :biggrinsanta:

A thicker head gasket is an easy (but not proper) way to increase durability up to 0.8bar...It is wise to decrease the compression ratio down to 8:1 to be safe...But by decreasing the compression ratio to that number you get more turbo-lag..

The right way is to replace factory pistons with forged ones (custom made by any well known company ex. acralite). You can "order" them to give you a compression ratio of high 8:1 or low 9:1 to increase trottle response and decrease turbo lag....

the total cost incl. blow off valve, whole exhaust system -not only the downpipe- intake (taken from a lancia 1.6 or bravo 1.6), gauges bla bla bla ,is up to 5000Euros...

If you include forged pistons the price goes up by 1000Euros but the apllied pressure can be increased up to 1.3bar....

In addition it is essential to replace the stock gearbox with a stock punto gt one..2 screws need to be modified..I ve smashed 2 of them stock 1.6 stilo's gearboxes...:biggrinsanta: (4 gear is extremelly weak) :biggrinsanta:....

PNL
06-12-06, 13:33
Thats quite an involve process and didnt realise it was .....did you do all the work on yours yourself ?

face
06-12-06, 20:54
Thats quite an involve process and didnt realise it was .....did you do all the work on yours yourself ?

I had all this work done by someone who knew what to do...I am just playing smart cause i 've observed all this work ...:weihnacht2:

But Pantelis (1.2 turbo-ed) did all this work by himself..!

PNL
06-12-06, 21:00
Does he live in Thessaloniki as well then 1.2 TURBO !!! jees I bet that goes like a bat out of hell :Snow: how many bhp is it running at ? and was it difficut to do /did it also need another gearbox etc etc etc etc etc :xmas-smiley-004:

face
06-12-06, 21:08
Does he live in Thessaloniki as well then 1.2 TURBO !!! jees I bet that goes like a bat out of hell :Snow: how many bhp is it running at ? and was it difficut to do /did it also need another gearbox etc etc etc etc etc :xmas-smiley-004:

Nope in volos like me...It produces from 130 up to 150bhp (depending on the owners mood and finger tickling with that pressure valve mounted on the gear nob)....

The gearbox...He used a different aproach. The "i don't want to smash the gearbox one"..He did not substitute the stock clutch with a reinforced one so the gearbox does not suffer with much strain. Doouch:weihnacht2:

PNL
06-12-06, 21:17
Nope in volos like me...It produces from 130 up to 150bhp (depending on the owners mood and finger tickling with that pressure valve mounted on the gear nob)....

The gearbox...He used a different aproach. The "i don't want to smash the gearbox one"..He did not substitute the stock clutch with a reinforced one so the gearbox does not suffer with much strain. Doouch:weihnacht2:

Yes it is a very different approach al together isnt it particulaly the valve on his knob [he should see a doctor about that you know ]:xmas-smiley-031: clutches even seem to be a bit of an issue here in the UK as standard I have a valeo one tucked up in my wardrobe waiting for the time when mine needs replacing :weihnacht2:

Athos
08-12-06, 02:10
Sorry for the delay, i didn't notice this post and now i am going to whip my back for doing that...:icon_lol:

My informatives told me that pistons and headgasket will fit just fine, and the 0.4lt difference between the coupe and abarth engine is exactly due to a bigger stroke...Fiat designers really worked them selfs to death trying to produce horsepower from the bravo brava N/A engine, while following EU emissions regulations...:biggrinsanta:..Which is good for uk abarth owners trying to turbo their stilos...!!:biggrinsanta:

Thanx for your answer face!! :Santa1:

bennyboy
28-12-06, 01:50
I have some information with regards to turbo charging the abarth 2.4 5 cylinder. First of all I would agree with Face that so long as the pressure is kept to 0.8bar (around 10psi) you should be fine with stock parts, no need to change to coupe ones. The only thing I would fit from the coupe would be the turbo itself & exhaust manifold, I would use a saab9000/ volvo 850 T5 intercooler & as for fuelling I would source an aftermarket fuel pump. With regards to the ECU I would say rather than running a parrallel ECU remap the standard one first & run an apexi boost controller, that should work if only running to 0.8bar. Of course a decompression plate is needed regardless. I haven't done this conversion yet because I'm not allowed to as the person I'm developing parts with won't let me. The main problem with the abarth engine is the crank it's cast rather than a steel item, I have had mine remapped with a proper induction kit & supersprint cat back exhaust & it now pumps out 204.8bhp & 211.1lbs/ft torque & apparently I'm at the limit of the crank already which is hard to believe as I have no sports manifold or free flow cat yet. We are looking into using the 2.4JTD crank which is a steel item & should be more durable. Anyone planning to turbo an abarth will have to consider the cost particularly if planning to run more than 10psi, you would have to replace all the internals then i.e crank, pistons & conrods & possibly cams also.

face
28-12-06, 11:29
Very usefull post...especially the crank bit...If you manage to stick the diesel one, it is ideal....You cannot imagine how high the resistance to failure is....!!

bennyboy
28-12-06, 21:42
Cheers! We are currently investigating all aspects of the engine...watch this space lol! :devil: