PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : Breaking front spring

PNL
03-01-07, 13:03
Hi there guys and hapy new year to you all :xmas-smiley-022:

Ok .. as the thread heading says ...so have any of you suffered with this problem there in greece the front springs are snapping around the bottom and as far up as the second coil on the springs and we are quite concerned about this back in the UK for all who wish to read his thread go to www.fiatforum.com (http://www.fiatforum.com) and go to stilo section ita a massive thread your opinions would be greatly welcomed :xmas-smiley-023:

face
03-01-07, 13:40
I 've read all about this prob in fiat forum...Luckily enough (4 us) we haven't encounterd such a problem over here...(Mainly cause most of us are lowered:) with after market springs).....

This is quite serious though....What has Fiat have to say about that...Was there any recall....??

PNL
03-01-07, 19:10
I 've read all about this prob in fiat forum...Luckily enough (4 us) we haven't encounterd such a problem over here...(Mainly cause most of us are lowered:) with after market springs).....

This is quite serious though....What has Fiat have to say about that...Was there any recall....??

There is no actual recall from fiat on the front springs breaking in in fact only some owners are getting them replaced free .. in my case when it happened I logged a case number with fiat and was told to go to my dealer for him to deal with which I did I had already bought new springs top mounts and bearings plus two new anti roll bar links [the ones that go from strut to anti roll bar] I had to change the nearside spring myself as the broken spring was pressing on the front tyre and I couldn't steer the car for the dealer to change for the second spring I was at the dealers having a spring inspection when he came out and asked if I had time to have the nearside one changed there and then which he did it wasn't broken but I felt that there must have been some thing wrong for him to want to change it . This didn't cost me anything as he said it would be charged to fiat and I would be compensated for the parts I had bought but would take some weeks for the money to come back to me .
I was in there about 5 weeks later and I asked if he had heard from fiat about my compensation and he told me that fiat were now NOT paying for the spares I had bought and hadn't payed him either for the fitting and fiat will not comment when I have contact them .. is that a shabby service or not